Spiced Apple Pancakes
- Yield 4 servings
Laced with ginger, allspice and cinnamon, these pancakes are studded with luscious bits of apple.
"I love the taste of gingerbread and anything with apples in it. I decided to combine them both for a flavorful and hearty pancake."
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon allspice
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons molasses
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 apples, diced
- Combine the first 6 ingredients in a medium-size bowl. In another small bowl, beat egg, and combine with milk, molasses and oil until well-blended.
- Pour wet mixture into dry mixture and stir until just evenly blended.
- Stir in apples. Pour 1/4 cup of batter onto a hot, lightly greased griddle.
- Cook 2 to 3 minutes on each side, making certain center is cooked through.
– Helen Sawecki, Livonia, Mich.