Spice Rubbed Grilled Pork Chops with Pomegranate Pan Sauce
- Yield 4 servings
Pat and Gina Neely bring us one of their signature pork dishes seasoned with spicy cumin and served with a rich pomegranate-raspberry sauce.
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon all spice
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 4 (8 ounce) boneless center cut loin pork chops
- olive oil, to brush grill grates
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 shallot, minced
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1/2 cup pomegranate juice
- 1/4 cup low sodium beef stock
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon raspberry preserves
- fresh pomegranate seeds, for garnish (optional)
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Whisk together the first 4 ingredients in a small bowl. Sprinkle the pork chops with the rub.
- Heat your grill to medium high heat and brush grill grates with olive oil.
- Grill the pork chops on each side for 6-7minutes, for a total of about 12-15 minutes. Remove to a plate and tent with foil.
- In a small saucepan, add butter to melt. Once foaming, add the shallot and sauté until tender. Add the flour and stir until pasty. Stir in the pomegranate juice, beef stock, red wine vinegar, and berry preserves. Bring to a simmer while stirring. The sauce will thicken when it begins to simmer. Taste for seasoning and add salt and pepper.
- Serve the pork chops over the rice with sauce ladled over top. Garnish with fresh pomegranate seeds.
Recipe by Patrick and Gina Neely