Spice Rubbed Grilled Pork Chops with Pomegranate Pan Sauce
- Yield: 4 servings
- 1/2teaspoon kosher salt
- 1teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2teaspoon all spice
- 1teaspoon cumin
- 4 (8 ounce) boneless center cut loin pork chops
- olive oil, to brush grill grates
- 2tablespoons butter
- 1 shallot, minced
- 1tablespoon flour
- 1/2cup pomegranate juice
- 1/4cup low sodium beef stock
- 1tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1tablespoon raspberry preserves
- fresh pomegranate seeds, for garnish (optional)
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Whisk together the first 4 ingredients in a small bowl. Sprinkle the pork chops with the rub.
- Heat your grill to medium high heat and brush grill grates with olive oil.
- Grill the pork chops on each side for 6-7minutes, for a total of about 12-15 minutes. Remove to a plate and tent with foil.
- In a small saucepan, add butter to melt. Once foaming, add the shallot and sauté until tender. Add the flour and stir until pasty. Stir in the pomegranate juice, beef stock, red wine vinegar, and berry preserves. Bring to a simmer while stirring. The sauce will thicken when it begins to simmer. Taste for seasoning and add salt and pepper.
- Serve the pork chops over the rice with sauce ladled over top. Garnish with fresh pomegranate seeds.
Recipe by Patrick and Gina Neely