Spice Rub with Cocoa, Chili Powder and Espresso
- Yield: 4 servings
- 1tablespoon cocoa
- 1tablespoon chili powder
- 1tablespoon espressor powder
- 1tablespoon brown sugar
- 1teaspoon salt
- 1/2teaspoon granulated garlic
- 1/2teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4teaspoon cayenne
- 1pound flank steak
- Olive oil
- Whisk all ingredients, except steak, in a bowl.
- Gently score the surface of a flank steak. Coat the entire surface with olive oil.
- Sprinkle spice rub liberally over both sides of the meat. Cover and refrigerate until you are ready to grill. This may be done ahead of time—even overnight—to allow flavors to permeate the meat.
- Grill steak over medium-hot coals until done to the desired degree.
Recipe courtesy of Nancy Vienneau and the Third Thursday Potluck Club.