Speedy Mushroom and Sausage Pasta
- Yield: 4 servings
- 8ounces (about 3 cups) bow-tie pasta, uncooked
- 1pound sweet Italian sausage links, cut in 1-inch pieces
- 12ounces (about 3-3/4 cups) white button mushrooms
- 1cup coarsely chopped green bell pepper
- 1cup chopped onion
- 2cups prepared marinara sauce
- Cook pasta according to package directions; drain.
- Meanwhile, in large skillet cook sausage until browned and cooked through, about 10 minutes. Remove; set aside. Drain off all but 1 tablespoon fat or add oil to make 1 tablespoon; heat until hot. Add mushrooms, green pepper and onion; cook, stirring occasionally, until tender, 5 to 7 minutes. Add reserved sausage and marinara sauce; cook until heated through, about 5 minutes. Ladle sauce over hot pasta; sprinkle with grated Parmesan cheese, if desired.
Recipe courtesy of the Mushroom Council’s Mushroom Channel