Speedy Grilled Chicken with Orange Honey Glaze
- Yield 4 servings
Chicken pieces are microwaved then tossed on the grill and basted with a orange-honey sauce.
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1/4 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 -- garlic clove, minced
- 3 pounds cut-up broiler-fryer chicken
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- -- Freshly ground black pepper
- Blend honey, orange juice, peel, mustard and garlic. Rinse chicken pieces; pat dry; salt and pepper to taste. Arrange in microwave-safe dish with thicker pieces to the edge. Microcook at high 15 minutes.
- Remove to grill and cook, skin side down, 5 minutes; turn and grill 5 to 10 minutes longer or until chicken is tender and juices run clear. Brush with sauce the last 5 to 10 minutes of grilling. Brush with remaining sauce just before serving.