Speedy Black Bean Burritos
- Yield 4 servings
Spicy black beans, wrapped in a flour tortilla, make a quick, reduced-fat, satisfying meal that packs a good dose of protein.
- 1 (15-ounce) can black beans, drained
- 1/4 cup salsa
- 3 tablespoons dry bulgur
- 4 flour tortillas
- 1 cup shredded leaf lettuce
- 1 tomato, chopped
- Sdditional salsa for serving (optional)
- Combine black beans, salsa and bulgur in a saucepan and simmer gently for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat, cover, and let stand for 5 minutes.
- Heat a tortilla in a dry skillet until it is warm and soft, then spread a line of bean mixture down the center of the tortilla. Top with lettuce, tomato, and additional salsa, if using. Roll the tortilla around the filling, then repeat with the remaining tortillas.
Recipe courtesy of The Cancer Project