Speedy Bean Soup
- Yield 4 servings
This scrumptious homemade soup can be on the table in about 20 minutes.
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 green bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 (15-ounce) can Great Northern beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (15-ounce) can garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (14 1/2-ounce) can vegetable broth
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- Grated Parmesan cheese (optional)
- In a large saucepan coated with nonstick cooking spray, saute onion, bell pepper and garlic over medium heat for 5 minutes, stirring until tender. Add Great Northern beans, garbanzo beans, vegetable broth and chili powder. Mix well and bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cover and simmer 10 to 15 minutes, or until thoroughly heated. Before serving, sprinkle with Parmesan cheese, if desired.