Special Shrimp Scampi
- Yield 4 servings
Dress up classic shrimp scampi in a light lemon sauce with the addition of avocado and cheese.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons chopped red onion
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped parsley
- dash Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Salt and pepper
- 1 pound medium peeled shrimp
- 3 tablespoons white wine
- 1/3 cup coarsely chopped avocado
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Heat olive oil over medium heat and sauté garlic, red onion, parsley, Worcestershire sauce and lemon juice.
- Toss in shrimp and stir continuously for 2 minutes. Combine with white wine, salt and pepper. Cook for an additional 3-4 minutes until shrimp are pink.
- After removing from heat, stir in avocado and cheese. Serve.