Special Shrimp Scampi
- Yield 4 servings
Dress up classic shrimp scampi in a light lemon sauce with the addition of avocado and cheese.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons chopped red onion
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped parsley
- dash Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Salt and pepper
- 1 pound medium peeled shrimp
- 3 tablespoons white wine
- 1/3 cup coarsely chopped avocado
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- In large nonstick skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat, sauté garlic, red onion, parsley, Worcestershire sauce and lemon juice.
- Add shrimp; continue cooking 2 minutes, stirring continuously. Add white wine, salt and pepper. Continue cooking shrimp 3 to 4 minutes, until shrimp turn pink and are done.
- Remove from heat; stir in avocado and cheese. Serve immediately.
Recipe reprinted with permission from Holly Clegg’s Trim & Terrific Gulf Coast Favorites: Over 250 Easy Recipes from My Louisiana Kitchen, 2008.