Sparkling Fresh Berry and Walnut Jellies
- Yield 8 servings
- Prep 10 mins
- Cook 0 mins
Sparkling like jewels, berries at their peak in summertime are captured in a flavorful jelly.
- 4 cups cranberry or cran-raspberry juice
- 2 packages unflavored gelatin
- 2 cups mixed fresh raspberries and blueberries
- 2 cups fresh strawberries, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 cup blackberries, halved if large
- 1 cup roughly chopped toasted walnuts
- 1 cup non-fat Greek yogurt, for serving
- 8 sprigs mint, for serving
- Pour 1/2 cup of cranberry juice into an eight-cup bowl, sprinkle the gelatin over the surface and allow the gelatin to “bloom,” about 5 minutes. Bring the remaining juice to a boil in a small saucepan; pour over the gelatin and stir until the gelatin has dissolved. Add the berries while the juice is still hot and stir.
- Rinse 8, one-cup ramekins or molds with cold water and set on a tray. Ladle the jelly, berry mixture into the dishes. Sprinkle with walnuts and refrigerate until set, 4 hours or overnight.
- To unmold the jellies, dip the containers in warm water, invert onto a serving plate and garnish with a dollop of non-fat Greek yogurt and a sprig of mint. Serve immediately.
Recipe by Tina Salter.