Sparkling Champagne and Strawberries
- Yield: 7 to 10 servings
- 3tablespoons Unflavored gelatin powder
- 2cups Cold Water
- 1cup Sugar
- 1 1/2cups cold champagne
- 1 1/2cups Cold Ginger ale
- 1cup Sliced fresh strawberries
- In a saucepan, sprinkle the gelatin evenly over the cold water and allow the gelatin to absorb the water for 2 minutes. Bring the water to a boil over high heat and stir well until the gelatin is fully dissolved. Remove from the heat.
- Transfer the gelatin mixture to a large bowl, add the sugar, and stir until dissolved. Stir in the champagne and ginger ale. Refrigerate until thickened. Fold in the strawberries. Spoon into 7 to 10 individual molds or a 7-cup mold. Refrigerate until firm. Unmold and serve.
Reprinted from “Hello, Jell-O!” by Victoria Belanger. Copyright (c) 2012 by Victoria Belanger. By permission of Ten Speed Press, an imprint of the Crown Publishing Group of Random House, Inc.
All photos copyright (c) 2012 by Angie Cao.