Sparkling Champagne and Strawberries
- Yield 7 to 10 servings
Pop open a bottle of champagne! Whether it is used to welcome the New Year or toast the bride and groom, champagne is a sign that something special is going on.
- 3 tablespoons Unflavored gelatin powder
- 2 cups Cold Water
- 1 cup Sugar
- 1 1/2 cups cold champagne
- 1 1/2 cups Cold Ginger ale
- 1 cup Sliced fresh strawberries
- In a saucepan, sprinkle the gelatin evenly over the cold water and allow the gelatin to absorb the water for 2 minutes. Bring the water to a boil over high heat and stir well until the gelatin is fully dissolved. Remove from the heat.
- Transfer the gelatin mixture to a large bowl, add the sugar, and stir until dissolved. Stir in the champagne and ginger ale. Refrigerate until thickened. Fold in the strawberries. Spoon into 7 to 10 individual molds or a 7-cup mold. Refrigerate until firm. Unmold and serve.
Reprinted from “Hello, Jell-O!” by Victoria Belanger. Copyright (c) 2012 by Victoria Belanger. By permission of Ten Speed Press, an imprint of the Crown Publishing Group of Random House, Inc.
All photos copyright (c) 2012 by Angie Cao.