Spanish Rice wih Cheddar and Pimiento
- Yield 8 to 10 servings
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 cups cooked rice
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- 2 cans (10-ounce) cans condensed cream of chicken soup
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 packages (10-ounce) packages frozen, chopped spinach, thawed undrained
- 2 cups Cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped pimientos, drained
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add rice, green onions and almonds and cook until the onions are tender, about 4 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Add soup, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer; covered, for 15 minutes.
- Add spinach and simmer; covered, for 10 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in cheese and pimientos.
Tips From Our Test Kitchen: Fr a thinner consistency, use condensed chicken broth instead of cream of chicken soup.
—Marie Pantalone, Fairfax, VA