- Yield 4 servings
Use this dish as a main attraction for an unforgettable New Mexican-style brunch.
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 4 -- eggs, well-beaten
- 1/2 cup grated Cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup green pepper, chopped
- 1 small tomato, peeled, seeded and chopped
- 1/4 cup minced onion
- 1 -- (4-ounce) can green chiles
- 1 -- (2-ounce) jar pimientos, chopped
- 1 -- (8-ounce) package breakfast sausage, cooked as label directs
- Melt butter in a 9-inch square baking dish. Mix in flour, stirring until smooth and slowly stir in milk and seasoning. Fold in eggs and remaining ingredients except for the sausage. Bake in a preheated 425F oven 10 minutes; reduce heat to 350F and continue baking 35-45 minutes. when done, top with cooked sausage and serve at once.
Recipe reprinted with permission from The Junior League of Albuquerque’s Simply Simpatico (The Junior League of Albuquerque, NM, 1981).