- Yield 6 servings
- Prep 5 mins
- Cook 20 mins
Zucchini ribbons make this a one-dish supper.
This dish comes together in a snap since the eggs cook when mixed with the hot spaghetti. After the eggs are added, they may appear to be slightly scrambled as they cling to the hot spaghetti. Pancetta is an Italian-style bacon found in specialty food markets and some deli counters of larger supermarkets.
- 8 ounces dried spaghetti
- 3 ounces pancetta or bacon, diced
- 1/4 cup finely chopped shallots
- 3 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 medium zucchini, cut into ribbons
- 1/2 cup grated Parmigiano Reggiano cheese
- 1/4 cup half-and-half
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground black pepper, divided
- Cook spaghetti according to package directions. Drain, reserving 1 cup of the cooking water.
- Heat a large, deep skillet over medium-high heat. Add pancetta; sauté until almost crisp. Add shallots; sauté until shallots are golden and pancetta is crisp but not burned.
- Add pasta to skillet; toss, cooking over medium heat. Add eggs; stir vigorously, scraping pan to loosen cooked egg. Add zucchini; toss well. Add cheese; toss. Stir in half-and-half, salt and pepper. Cook over medium heat until thoroughly heated, adding some reserved pasta cooking water if the mixture seems too dry.
Recipe by Jennifer Perillo.