- Yield 15 servings
Soysage packs a punch when combined with sautéed veggies and savory seasoning.
- 1/4 cup margarine
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cups soy sausage, broken into small pieces
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 1 cup celery, finely chopped
- 1 cup mushroom, thinly sliced
- 1 cup green bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 2 (14-ounce) packages plain bread cubes
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried sage
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/3 cup fresh parsley, coarsely chopped
- 2 to 3 cups vegetable broth
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- In a large sauté pan over medium-high heat, melt the margarine. Add the onion, celery, mushroom, pepper and walnut and cook for about 7 minutes, or until softened.
- In a separate sauce pan over medium-high, heat the oil and sauté the soysage for 5 minutes or until brown, crumbling as you stir.
- Add the browned soysage to your veggie mix pan and stir to combine. Transfer veggie soysage mixture to a large mixing bowl.
- Add the bread cubes, sage, rosemary, thyme, salt, pepper, paprika and parsley to the bowl and mix well. Gradually add the vegetable broth until the mixture is moist but not wet. Add about 1/2 cup at a time.
- Transfer to a greased baking dish and cover with foil. Bake in the oven for 40 minutes. Remove foil and cook for another 10 minutes.