Soy Pizza Di Palermo
- Yield 6 servings
Add soy protein powder to pizza dough for a punch of protein.
- 1 envelope active dry yeast
- 1 cup warm water
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup soy protein powder
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 artichoke hearts, sliced
- 8 ounces crab meat
- 1/2 cup pitted kalamata olives
- 1 1/2 cups grated mozzarella or fontina cheese
- 1/2 red bell pepper, sliced thin
- To prepare dough, combine yeast and water in a medium bowl. Let stand 5 minutes. Add flour, Revival Soy, oil, sugar and salt, mix until combined. Knead dough on lightly floured surface 5-10 minutes until smooth and elastic, adding more flour as necessary to prevent dough from sticking to hands. Let rise in warm place for an hour or until dough doubles in bulk. Punch dough down. Let rest 5 minutes.
- 2. Preheat oven to 400F. Roll out dough to a 10-inch circle and place on medium size pizza stone or baking sheet. Spread pesto on dough. Top with artichoke hearts, crab, olives, cheese and bell pepper. Place pizza in oven and cook for 15 minutes or until crust is browned.
Recipe by Revival Soy, courtesy of The Soyfoods Council