Soy Lemon Pudding Cake with Blackberry Sauce
- Yield 6 servings
- 2 tablespoons grated lemon rind
- 1 cup sugar, divided
- 3 egg yolks
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 tablespoons soy flour
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 6 ounces silken soft tofu
- 4 tablespoons melted butter
- 3 egg whites
- 3/4 cup sweetened vanilla soymilk
- 7 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 3 cups fresh blackberries
- 1/4 cup sugar
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- To prepare cake, combine rind, 3/4 cup sugar, egg yolks, vanilla, flours, tofu, and butter; whisk until smooth.
- In a large bowl beat egg whites until soft peaks. Add 1/4 cup sugar and continue to beat until stiff peaks. Fold egg white mixture into lemon mixture. Add soy milk and lemon juice, mix gently. Spoon mixture 6, 8-ounce soufflé cups or ramkins. Place cups in a 13 x 9-inch baking dish. Pour water into dish to the depth of 1-inch. Bake for 45 minutes.
- To prepare sauce, combine 2 cups blackberries in food processor, process until smooth. Strain through a sieve to remove seeds. Spoon pudding cake into individual bowls, tops with fresh berries and sauce.
Recipe by Chef Chris Koetke, courtesy of The Soyfoods Council