Southwestern Sweet Potato Salad
- Yield: 12 servings
- 6cups peeled sweet potatoes (Louisiana yams) chunks (about 2 1/2 pounds)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 3tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1/2cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1/2cup chopped red onion
- 2/3cup frozen corn, thawed
- 2/3cup black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/4cup chopped cilantro
- 3tablespoons lime juice
- 1teaspoon minced garlic
- 1tablespoon jarred jalapeno slices
- Preheat oven 425F and prepare a baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Toss sweet potatoes in 1 tbs of oil and salt and paper. Roast potatoes on baking sheet until crisp, usually 30 minutes.
- Toss sweet potatoes, red bell pepper, red onion, corn, black beans and cilantro in a large bowl.
- Puree lime juice, garlic, jalapeno and remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil in a blender or food proceessor. Toss mixture with potatoes and serve.
Nutritional Info *per serving
- Calories 113
- Fat 4g
- Saturated Fat 0g
- Cholesterol 0mg
- Sodium 99mg
- Carbohydrate 19g
- Fiber 3g
- Sugars 4g
- Protein 2g