Southwestern Sweet Potato Salad
- Yield 12 servings
Sensational! This combination of roasted sweet yams, crunchy corn, black beans in a light jalapeno dressing — an explosion of flavors and colors.
- 6 cups peeled sweet potatoes (Louisiana yams) chunks (about 2 1/2 pounds)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1/2 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 2/3 cup frozen corn, thawed
- 2/3 cup black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon jarred jalapeno slices
- Preheat oven 425F and prepare a baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Toss sweet potatoes in 1 tbs of oil and salt and paper. Roast potatoes on baking sheet until crisp, usually 30 minutes.
- Toss sweet potatoes, red bell pepper, red onion, corn, black beans and cilantro in a large bowl.
- Puree lime juice, garlic, jalapeno and remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil in a blender or food proceessor. Toss mixture with potatoes and serve.