Southwestern Summer Pasta
- Yield 2 servings
This pasta is great served with warm, crusty bread.
- 3 small tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 -- jalapeno chile, seeded and finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 4 ounces fresh angel hair pasta or spaghetti
- 4 ounces goat cheese, crumbled
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts, toasted
- Chop the tomatoes coarsely into a bowl, retaining the juices. Add the olive oil, garlic, jalapeno chile, cilantro, lime juice, chili powder, salt and white pepper and mix well. Let stand, covered, for 1 hour.
- Cook the angel hair pasta using the package directions; drain. Serve the tomato mixture over the pasta. Top with the cheese and pine nuts.
Recipe reprinted with permission from The Junior League of Lubbock., A Pefect Setting, (The Junior Leage of Lubbock, 2005)