Southwestern Spinach Lasagna
- Yield 8 servings
This easily layered dish is a nice alternative to traditional lasagna.
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 cup skim milk
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 (10-ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed
- 1 (10-ounce) can tomato and green chiles, drained
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 10 tortillas
- 2 cups shredded reduced-fat Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 cup fat-free sour cream
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- In a nonstick skillet coated with nonstick cooking spray, saute onion until tender. In a small bowl, mix together the milk and flour and add to the sauteed onion. Cook over medium heat until thickened.
- Meanwhile, cook spinach according to package directions, drain well. Add spinach and tomatoes and continue heating until thick. Season with salt and pepper to taste. In a 2-quart baking dish, layer tortillas, spinach layer, cheese, and sour cream; repeating layers. Bake 30 minutes or until cheese melts.