Southwestern Shrimp Cups
- Yield 5
Wontons, found in the produce section, filled with a festive flavorful shrimp mixture make impressive party pick-ups.
- 5 dozen wonton wraps (squares)
- 2 cups shredded, reduced-fat Mexican blend cheese
- 2 cups coarsely chopped peeled shrimp, seasoned and cooked
- 1 cup chopped roasted red pepper, drained (found in jar)
- 1 (11-ounce) can Mexiconr, drained
- 1 (4-ounce) can chopped green chiles, drained
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- Preheat oven to 350F. Coat mini muffin pans with nonstick cooking spray.
- Press a wonton wrap into each muffin cup. Bake 6 to 7 minutes, until lightly golden brown.
- In a bowl, combine remaining ingredients. Divide shrimp mixture evenly into wontons. Return pan to oven and continue baking 6 to 8 minutes, until cheese is melted.
Recipe reprinted with permission from Holly Clegg’s Trim & Terrific Gulf Coast Favorites: Over 250 Easy Recipes from My Louisiana Kitchen, 2008.