- Yield 8 servings
A meatless entrée or a hearty family pleasing side, this rice recipe is as simple as opening cans.
- 2 cups cooked rice
- 1 -- (15-ounce) can corn, drained
- 1 -- (15-ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 -- (10-ounce) can tomatoes and green chiles
- 1 cup nonfat sour cream
- 2 cups shredded reduced-fat Mexican blend cheese, divided
- 1 bunch green onions, chopped (reserving 2 tablespoons)
- 1 -- (2 1/4-ounce) can sliced black olives, drained
- Preheat oven 350F. Coat 2-quart oblong baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- Combine all ingredients using 1 3/4 cups cheese in prepared dish. Bake 45-50 minutes. Remove from oven and sprinkle with remaining 1/4 cup cheese and 2 tablespoons green onions. Return to oven 5 minutes or until cheese melted.
Recipe reprinted with permission from Holly Clegg’s Too Hot in the Kitchen: Secrets to Sizzle at Any Age.