Southwestern Quinoa Salad with Cilantro-Lime Vinaigrette
- Yield: 8 servings
Prepare this salad ahead of time and serve chilled or room temperature.
- 1cup uncooked quinoa
- 2cups canned black beans, rinsed and drained
- 2cups fresh corn kernels (from 3 ears)
- 1large red bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced
- 6tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2teaspoons ground cumin
- 1teaspoon salt
- 1/2teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2cup olive oil
- 1/3cup finely chopped cilantro, divided
- Cook quinoa according to package instructions. Place in a large serving bowl and let cool.
- Add beans, corn, bell pepper and jalapeno and toss well.
- Combine lime juice, cumin, salt and chili powder in a small bowl; whisk to combine. Add oil in a stream, whisking, and then whisk in half the cilantro. Pour dressing over the salad; toss well. Sprinkle remaining cilantro on top before serving.
Recipe by Julie Hession
Nutritional Info *per serving
- Calories 170
- Fat 2g
- Cholesterol 0mg
- Sodium 500mg
- Carbohydrate 31g
- Fiber 5g
- Protein 7g