Southwestern Potato Salad
- Yield 6 to 8 servings
A new twist to an old favorite!
- 4 medium potatoes
- 1/3 cup salad oil
- 1/4 cup vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt
- dash bottled hot pepper sauce
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced
- 1 -- (8-ounce) can whole kernel corn, drained
- 1/2 cup shredded carrot
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/2 cup sliced pitted ripe olives
- Cook potatoes in boiling salted water until tender; drain, pare and cube. Combine oil, vinegar, sugar, chili powder, seasoned salt and hot pepper sauce. Add to warm potatoes; toss gently to coat. Cover and chill 1 hour. Fold in remaining ingredients. Garnish with additional halved ripe olives, if desired. Serve well chilled.
Recipe reprinted with permission from The Junior League of Albuquerque’s Simply Simpatico (The Junior League of Albuquerque, NM, 1981).