Southwestern Pork and Yam Stew
- Yield 8 servings
Pork, yams and corn make this an eye-catching, easy one-dish meal.
- 1 3/4 pounds pork tenderloin, trimmed of fat and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 cups fat-free canned chicken broth
- 1 (10-ounce) can chopped tomatoes and green chiles
- 1 1/4 pounds sweet potatoes (yams), peeled and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 (4-ounce) can diced green chiles, drained
- 1 (16-ounce) package frozen corn
- Salt and pepper
- Coat pork with a thin layer of flour.
- Brown pork over medium heat for 5-7 minutes in a large pot. Toss in onion and cook until tender, followed by remaining ingredients.
- Simmer for 45 minutes on reduced heat until pork is cooked and potatoes are fork tender. Add more chicken broth if stew over-thickens. Season to taste.