Southwestern Green Chile Pork Roast
- Yield: 8 servings
- 3 to 4pounds pork shoulder, trimmed of fat
- 2tablespoons olive oil
- 1cup onion, chopped
- 1-- (14 1/2-ounce) can tomatoes, diced
- 2-- (4-ounce) cans green chiles, diced
- 2teaspoons ground cumin
- -- Corn tortillas
- -- Salsa Verde
- -- Sliced avocados
- -- Sour cream
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add pork and cook until browned on all sides, about 6 to 8 minutes, turning to brown each side.
- Place pork in slow cooker and add onion, tomatoes, green chilies and cumin. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Add 1 cup water. Cook on low for 6 to 8 hours, until tender
- Remove pork and cool slightly. Shred meat with a fork discarding fat. Spoon some vegetables from the slow cooker over the pork.
- Serve on corn tortillas and top with Salsa Verde, avocados and sour cream, if desired.
Nutritional Info *per serving
- Calories 430
- Fat 19g
- Saturated Fat 6g
- Cholesterol 115mg
- Sodium 530mg
- Carbohydrate 23g
- Fiber 2g
- Protein 37g