Southwestern Green Chile Pork Roast
- Yield 8 servings
Serve this Southwestern pork on corn tortillas and top with Salsa Verde, avocados and sour cream.
- 3 to 4 pounds pork shoulder, trimmed of fat
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 1 -- (14 1/2-ounce) can tomatoes, diced
- 2 -- (4-ounce) cans green chiles, diced
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- -- Corn tortillas
- -- Salsa Verde
- -- Sliced avocados
- -- Sour cream
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add pork and cook until browned on all sides, about 6 to 8 minutes, turning to brown each side.
- Place pork in slow cooker and add onion, tomatoes, green chilies and cumin. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Add 1 cup water. Cook on low for 6 to 8 hours, until tender
- Remove pork and cool slightly. Shred meat with a fork discarding fat. Spoon some vegetables from the slow cooker over the pork.
- Serve on corn tortillas and top with Salsa Verde, avocados and sour cream, if desired.