- Yield 8 to 10 servings
Use this topping recipe over chicken as well. The presentation is very impressive, one that your guests will remember.
- 2 pounds fish fillets (orange roughy, trout, or other mild fish)
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 (4 1/2-ounce) can chopped green chiles, drained
- 1/2 teaspoon dried cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 (15-ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup frozen corn, thawed
- 1 cup chopped Roma (plum) tomatoes
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Lay fish fillets in a 13x9x2-inch oblong pan coated with nonstick cooking spray. Sprinkle with lime juice. In a large pan coated with nonstick cooking spray. Sprinkle with lime juice. In a large pan coated with nonstick cooking spray, saute garlic and onion over medium heat until tender, about 3 minutes. Add green chiles, chili powder, black beans, corn and tomatoes, stirring until well heated, about 5 minutes. Add cilantro. Spoon sauce over the fish. Bake, covered, 25 minutes, or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork.