Southwestern Cracked Wheat Salad
- Yield 8 servings
A high fiber (and delicious) salad.
Creacked wheat is found in health food stores or in groceries in tabbouleh mixes.
- 2 cups water
- 1 1/2 cups cracked wheat (bulgur)
- 1 -- (15-ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 -- (10-ounce) package frozen corn, thawed and drained
- 1 1/2 cups chopped tomato
- 1 bunch green onions (scallions), chopped
- 1 tablespoon minced cilantro
- 3 tablespoons orange juice
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- Bring water to a boil and pour over cracked wheat in a bowl. Let set 45 minutes or until liquid is absorbed. Drain any excess liquid. Add black beans, corn, tomato, green onions and cilantro. In a small bowl, whisk together orange juice, lemon juice, cumin and chili powder. Toss dressing with salad mixture. Refrigerate.