Low-Fat Southwestern Chicken Salad
- Yield 6 to 8 servings
Here's a great way to turn leftover grilled chicken into another tasty low-fat meal that is a real winner.
- Southwestern Dressing:
- 2/3 cup fat-free sour cream
- 1/2 cup picante sauce
- 1 teaspoon chile powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 cups cooked chopped chicken breasts
- 1 cup chopped tomato
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions (scallions)
- 1 (11-ounce) can corn, drained
- 1/2 cup shredded reduced-fat Cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup black beans, drained and rinsed
- 6 cups mixed salad greens
- To prepare the dressing: Combine sour cream, picante sauce, chili powder, and cumin.
- To prepare the salad: In a salad bowl, mix chicken, tomato, green onions, corn, cheese, beans and salad greens. Toss with dressing.