Southwestern Chicken Caeser Salad
- Yield: 4 servings
- 4-- skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 1 1/2teaspoons pure ground chili powder
- 1teaspoon ground cumin
- 1teaspoon salt
- -- grated rind of one lime
- 3tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1tablespoon butter
- 1cup bread cubes
- 4cups shredded Romaine lettuce
- 8-- dates, pitted and quartered lengthwise
- 1/4cup toasted pine nuts
- 1/4cup shredded Parmigiano Reggiano cheese
- -- Juice of one lime
- -- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1/2cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1-- garlic clove, pressed
- 1small jalapeno, seeded and finely diced
- 1teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4cup mayonnaise
- 2tablespoons grated onion
Preheat oven to 375 deg.
Mix 1 tablespoon olive oil, 1 tablespoon melted butter and 1/2 teaspoon chili powder and toss with bread cubes. Spread on a cookie sheet and bake for 10-15 minutes, until nicely browned.
Mix together remaining chili powder, cumin, salt and lime rind. Rub onto both sides of chicken. Place chicken in single layer in baking pan and drizzle both sides with olive oil. Bake for 30 minutes. Remove from oven and let stand 5-10 minutes before slicing.
In small jar with a lid combine all dressing ingredients. Shake well to combine.
In large salad bowl, place lettuce, dates, and croutons. Pour half of dressing over, and toss. Sprinkle with pine nuts. Slice chicken thinly and arrange over salad. Drizzle with remaining dressing. Top with cheese.