Southwestern Chicken and Potato Soup
- Yield 2 servings
- Prep 5 mins
- Cook 10 mins
A super quick soup that comes together with pantry and freezer staples.
- 2 (14 1/2-ounce) cans chicken broth
- 1 (16- to 20-ounce) packages refrigerated pre-cut cubed potatoes
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 (6-ounce) package fully cooked grilled chicken strips, each cut in half
- 1 (11-ounce) can whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 cup roasted red peppers, drained and cut into strips, or frozen bell pepper strips
- 1 can (4-ounce) diced green chiles, undrained
- In large saucepan, bring broth, potatoes, cumin and chili peppers to boil over high heat.
- Reduce heat to medium-low; simmer 5 to 10 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- Stir in chicken, corn, peppers and green chiles; heat through. Serve with lime wedges, if desired.
Recipe courtesy of the United States Potato Board