- Yield 4 servings
This Tex-Mex breakfast is perfect for the weekend.
- 4 -- blue corn tortillas, heated
- 4 -- (6-inch) flour tortillas, heated
- 1 1/2 cups refried beans, heated
- -- Tomatillo Sauce
- 8 -- eggs
- 1 1/2 cups (6-ounces) shredded Cheddar cheese
- 4 -- scallions, chopped
- 1 cup chopped tomatoes
- 4 -- chorizo links
- 4 -- lime slices
- 3 -- serrano chiles
- Place one blue corn tortilla, one flour tortilla and one-fourth of the refried beans next to each other on each of four serving plates. Ladle the tomatillo sauce over the tortillas. Fry the eggs in a skillet to the desired degree of doneness and place one fried egg on top of each tortilla. Sprinkle with cheese, scallions and tomatoes. Cook the sausage links in a skillet until cooked through. Place a sausage link, lime slice and serrano chile on each plate.
Recipe reprinted with permission from the Historical League of Tempe’s Tastes & Treasures(the Historical League, Inc., Tempe, Arizona, 2007).