- Yield: 4 servings
- 4-- blue corn tortillas, heated
- 4-- (6-inch) flour tortillas, heated
- 1 1/2cups refried beans, heated
- -- Tomatillo Sauce
- 8-- eggs
- 1 1/2cups (6-ounces) shredded Cheddar cheese
- 4-- scallions, chopped
- 1cup chopped tomatoes
- 4-- chorizo links
- 4-- lime slices
- 3-- serrano chiles
- Place one blue corn tortilla, one flour tortilla and one-fourth of the refried beans next to each other on each of four serving plates. Ladle the tomatillo sauce over the tortillas. Fry the eggs in a skillet to the desired degree of doneness and place one fried egg on top of each tortilla. Sprinkle with cheese, scallions and tomatoes. Cook the sausage links in a skillet until cooked through. Place a sausage link, lime slice and serrano chile on each plate.
Recipe reprinted with permission from the Historical League of Tempe’s Tastes & Treasures(the Historical League, Inc., Tempe, Arizona, 2007).