Southwestern Breakfast Bake
- Yield 10 to 12 servings
- 1 (11-ounce) can Mexicorn, drained
- 1 (4-ounce) can chopped green chiles
- 1 bunch green onions, chopped
- 8 (6-inch) corn or flour tortillas, quartered
- 2 cups shredded, reduced-fat Mexican blend cheese
- 4 eggs
- 6 egg whites
- 2/3 cup skim milk
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven 350F. Coat 13 x 9 x 2-inch pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- In bowl, combine Mexicorn, green chiles and greenonions. Line bottom of pan with layer of tortillas. Top with half of the corn mixture, then half of the shredded cheese. Repeat layers.
- In another bowl, whisk together remaining ingredients. Pour over layers in pan and let stand 10 minutes. Bake 30 to 35 minutes, until puffed.
Recipe reprinted with permission from Holly Clegg’s Trim & Terrific Gulf Coast Favorites: Over 250 Easy Recipes from My Louisiana Kitchen, 2008.