- 1 (11-ounce) can Mexicorn, drained
- 1 (4-ounce) can chopped green chiles
- 1bunch green onions, chopped
- 8 (6-inch) corn or flour tortillas, quartered
- 2cups shredded, reduced-fat Mexican blend cheese
- 4 eggs
- 6 egg whites
- 2/3cup skim milk
- 1/2teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2teaspoon ground cumin
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven 350F. Coat a large baking dish with nonstick spray.
- Combine Mexicorn, green chiles and green onions.
- Layer tortillas across bottom of the baking dish and top with increments of corn mixture and cheese.
- Combine remaining ingredients and pour over layers. Let mixture soak in for 10 minutes before baking 30-40 minutes.
Recipe reprinted with permission from Gulf Coast Favorites (Holly Clegg, 2008). For more from Holly, follow along at her website, Trim & Terrific.
Nutritional Info *per serving
- Calories 141
- Fat 5g
- Saturated Fat 3g
- Cholesterol 81mg
- Sodium 373mg
- Carbohydrate 12g
- Fiber 2g
- Sugars 3g
- Protein 11g