Southwest Spiced Walnuts
- Yield 8 servings
- Prep 10 mins
- Cook 5 mins
- 2 cups California Walnut halves
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon walnut oil or canola oil
- Preheat the oven to 375F. Spread the walnuts on a baking sheet and roast about 5 minutes until golden brown.
- Place the sugar, salt, garlic powder, cumin, and cayenne pepper in a small bowl and stir to combine. Heat the oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat.
- Add the nuts and stir to coat with the oil. Add the seasoning mixture and toss until the nuts are coated.
- Cool on a paper towel.