Southwest Salmon Burgers
- Yield: 4 servings
- 2 (6-inch) corn tortillas
- 1pound salmon fillets (without bones or skin)
- 1/2cup finely chopped green onion
- 1tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4cup barbecue sauce
- 2tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1teaspoon prepared horseradish
- 1teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 4whole grain burger rolls, toasted (or 4 sheets flatbread)
- Tear tortillas into bite-size pieces and transfer to bowl of a food processor. Process until finely ground. Remove. There will be about 1/2 cup.
- Place salmon in bowl of a food processor and pulse until coarse. Combine salmon, ground tortillas, green onions, olive oil, barbecue sauce, cilantro, lime juice, horseradish, and mustard; stir well. Refrigerate until well chilled, about 1 hour.
- Form mixture into 4 patties. In a nonstick skillet, cook over medium-high heat, 3 to 4 minutes on each side. Serve on toasted rolls or flatbread with lettuce, tomato, onion and extra barbecue sauce.
Recipe adapted from Positively Ageless A 28-Day Plan for a Younger Slimmer, Sexier You © 2007 by Cheryl Forberg. Permission granted by Rodale, Inc., Emmaus, PA 18098
Nutritional Info *per serving
- Calories 327
- Fat 14g
- Cholesterol 5-,g
- Sodium 303mg
- Carbohydrate 30g
- Fiber 2g
- Protein 18g