Southwest Potatoes and Chicken
- Yield 4 servings
- 1 medium russet or Yukon Gold potato or 2 to 3 red potatoes
- 1 (6- to 8- ounce) chicken breast or 5 to 6 chicken tenders
- 1 (14 1/2-ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (1 1/4-ounce) packet taco seasoning
- 1/2 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- Cut potatoes in half lengthwise and then slice into thin 1/4-inch thick half moons.
- Using clean, separate cutting board, cut chicken into 1/2-inchstrips. If using chicken tenders, no slicing is needed. Use whole pieces.
- Combine diced tomatoes and taco seasoning with chicken in microwave safe dish; mix well.
- Layer sliced potatoes on top of chicken mixture in a single layer, leaving the middle empty for venting. Top with cheese.
- Cover with lid or plastic wrap and place in microwave. Microwave on HIGH for 12 minutes or until potatoes and chicken are done. Let sit for 2 minutes. Use oven mitts to carefully remove from microwave and serve. Due to steam build-up, use oven mitts or tongs to remove plastic wrap from dish.
Recipe courtesy of the United States Potato Board