Southwest Oven Omelet
- Yield: 8 servings
"I've prepared this tried-and-true recipe for more than 20 ears. This hearty dish, with its Southwestern flair, is a real crowd-pleaser."
- 2 (4 1/2-ounce) cans green chilies
- 2 (4-ounce) jars mushrooms
- 16ounces grated Monterey Jack cheese
- 1pound diced ham
- 1 (12-ounce) can evaporated milk
- 8 eggs
- 2tablespoons flour
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees. Generously butter a 9-by-13-inch baking dish. In a medium-size bowl, mix together cheese, chilies, mushrooms and ham. Spoon the mixture evenly over bottom of baking dish. In the same bowl, whisk together evaporated milk, flour and eggs. Pour this over the cheese mixture and bake for one hour.
Recipe by Joanne Sandlin, Prescott Valley, Ariz.