Southwest Oven Omelet
- Yield 8 servings
A southwest flair gets you going in the morning with this easy to prepare and tasty breakfast omelet. Add fruit and toast or muffins and it will last all morning long.
"I've prepared this tried-and-true recipe for more than 20 ears. This hearty dish, with its Southwestern flair, is a real crowd-pleaser."
- 2 (4 1/2-ounce) cans green chilies
- 2 (4-ounce) jars mushrooms
- 16 ounces grated Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 pound diced ham
- 1 (12-ounce) can evaporated milk
- 8 eggs
- 2 tablespoons flour
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees. Generously butter a 9-by-13-inch baking dish. In a medium-size bowl, mix together cheese, chilies, mushrooms and ham. Spoon the mixture evenly over bottom of baking dish. In the same bowl, whisk together evaporated milk, flour and eggs. Pour this over the cheese mixture and bake for one hour.
Recipe by Joanne Sandlin, Prescott Valley, Ariz.