Poblano Chicken Cheesesteaks
- Yield 4 servings
- 4 -- boneless,skinless chicken breast
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 large onion,sliced thin
- 2 large poblano peppers,seeds removed,sliced thin
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped cilantro leaves
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon granulated garlic
- 12 slices pepper jack cheese
- 4 -- hoagie rolls (6 8 inch),split
Heat oven to 375*degrees F.
Place chicken breasts between 2 pieces of plastic wrap and pound to 1/2 inch in thickness.Cut chicken into thin strips.
Place canola oil in a large frying pan and bring to a medium to medium-hi heat.Add sliced onions and sliced poblano peppers to heated pan and saute for 10 minutes,stirring often.Add chicken strips to onion and peppers and cook for 8- 10 minutes or until chicken is done.Add chopped cilantro,salt pepper, cumin and granulated garlic.Mix well.
Distribute chicken and onion/pepper mixture equally inside each split hoagie roll,top each filled roll with 3 slices of cheese.Wrap each hoagie in a large piece of aluminum foil and heat in a 375*F pre-heated oven for 5 minutes.Serves 4.