Southie Irish Cream Coffee
- Yield 4 servings
This drink was created by Stan Frankenthaler, Executive Chef and Director Culinary Development of Dunkin' Brands.
- 14 ounces high-quality dark chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 4 cups strong brewed coffee
- 5 teaspoons superfine sugar
- 8 ounces Irish whiskey (optional)
- 1/4 cup whipped cream
- Nutmeg or cinnamon
- Place the chocolate in a bowl. Heat 2 cups cream in a saucepan until hot; pour over the chocolate. Cover the bowl until the chocolate melts; stir until smooth.
- Stir a small amount of the coffee into the chocolate mixture; stir the chocolate mixture into the remaining coffee. Stir in the sugar.
- Strain the coffee mixture through cheesecloth into a pitcher and chill. Divide the coffee mixture amoung four tall glasses. Add 2 ounces whiskey to each glass.
- Top each glass with 1 tablespoon whipped cream and sprinkle with nutmeg.
Recipe reprinted with permission from The Junior League of Boston, Boston Uncommon, a Culinary Journey Through Boston’s Distinctive Neighborhoods (The Junior League of Boston 2007)