Southern Sweet Vidalia Onion Tapenade
- Yield 12 servings
Sweet vidalia onions star in this delicious tapenade.
- 2 cups coarsely chopped vidalia onions
- 1 cup stuffed green olives
- 2 teaspoons coarsely chopped fresh thyme, flat leaf parsley and basil
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes, or to taste
- 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, as needed
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- French bread slices, lightly toasted
- Combine all ingredients except oil and bread in food processor and pulse to chop. Add oil and process about 10 seconds to blend. Season with salt and pepper and pour into serving dish. Serve with bread.
Recipe courtesy of the Vidalia Onion Committee