Southern Pecan Praline Yams
- Yield 6 to 8 servings
"We usually don't need a reason to get together for a fabulous meal, but our family enjoys this sweet side dish especially when we celebrate Thanksgiving. For that special down-home flavor, I use pecans gathered from my grandmother's backyard pecan orchard. This dish is also great served for dessert with vanilla ice cream."
- 1 (40-ounce) can yams, drained
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1/4 cup self-rising flour
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter or margarine, melted
- Preheat the oven 350 degrees F. Grease a 2-quart baking dish.
- Arrange the yams in the prepared dish. Pour the juice evenly over the yams.
- Combine the pecans, brown sugar, flour, cinnamon, and butter in a bowl; mix well.
- Spread the pecan mixture evenly over the yams in a thin layer.
- Bake, uncovered, for 45 minutes, or until bubbly. Let stand for 15 to 20 minutes before serving.
– Jennifer Pybus, Lockhart, Ala.