Southern Pecan Pie
- Yield 8 servings
Southern pecan pie is a scrumptious way to top off a hearty, home-cooked meal, especially a roasted turkey or fried chicken dinner.
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup corn syrup
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cups pecans
- 1 (10-inch) unbaked pie crust
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Beat eggs slightly to combine yolks and whites. Add corn syrup and sugars. Melt butter and add to the egg and sugar mixture. Stir in vanilla and pecans until well blended. Carefully pour into pie crust, being careful not to overfill.
- Bake for 50 minutes or until set. If the edges of the crust begin to brown too early, cover the edges with aluminum foil. Cool before serving.
Recipe courtesy of the Loveless Cafe, Franklin, Tenn.