Southern Pecan Pie
- Yield: 8 servings
- 3 eggs
- 3/4cup granulated sugar
- 1/4cup brown sugar
- 1cup corn syrup
- 2tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 1/2teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 1/4cups pecans
- 1 (10-inch) unbaked pie crust
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Beat eggs slightly to combine yolks and whites. Add corn syrup and sugars. Melt butter and add to the egg and sugar mixture. Stir in vanilla and pecans until well blended. Carefully pour into pie crust, being careful not to overfill.
- Bake for 50 minutes or until set. If the edges of the crust begin to brown too early, cover the edges with aluminum foil. Cool before serving.
Recipe courtesy of the Loveless Cafe, Franklin, Tenn.