Crispy Chicken Sliders with Chive Mayo
- Yield 4-6 servings
- 1 pound ground chicken
- 1/2 cup commercially ground cracker meal
- 1/4 cup buttermilk
- 6 dashes hot cayenne pepper sauce
- 1 -- egg
- 1/2 teaspoon season salt
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 cups panko (Japanese breadcrumbs)
- 5 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 package southern style frozen biscuits
- 3/4 cup shredded red cabbage
- 3/4 cup shredded green cabbage
- 1 -- carrot shredded
- 1/8 cup finely chopped vidalia onion
- -- scant 1/4 cup of mayonnaise
- 1/2 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- -- fresh ground black pepper to taste
- Chive mayonnaise:
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh chives
Prepare frozen biscuits according to package. Set aside to cool.
Combine all slaw ingredients in small bowl. Mix well. Refrigerate.
Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
In large mixing bowl combine ground chicken, cracker meal, buttermilk, hot sauce, egg, season salt and ground pepper.
Pour panko onto a plate.
Oil large baking sheet or jelly roll pan with 1 tablespoon olive oil.
Form chicken mixture into 12 balls. Smash balls into patties and coat both sides in panko. Set patties aside.
In a non-stick skillet heat 2 tablespoons olive oil over medium/high heat. Brown 6 of the patties on both sides. Place browned patties on oiled pan. Repeat browning with remaining patties and olive oil. Bake for 13-15 minutes until chicken is thoroughly cooked.
Mix together mayonnaise and chives. Refrigerate.
Using a bread knife, slice each cooked biscuit in half. With a fork, remove a small amount of the inside of each biscuit, being careful not to damage the outside. Discard removed biscuit pieces. Place one cooked slider on each biscuit bottom. Top with 1 tbsp. slaw. Smear the inside of the top half of the biscuit with mayo and top slider. Serve and enjoy.