Crispy Chicken Sliders with Chive Mayo
- Yield: 4-6 servings
- 1pound ground chicken
- 1/2cup commercially ground cracker meal
- 1/4cup buttermilk
- 6dashes hot cayenne pepper sauce
- 1-- egg
- 1/2teaspoon season salt
- 1/4teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 1/2cups panko (Japanese breadcrumbs)
- 5tablespoons olive oil
- 1package southern style frozen biscuits
- 3/4cup shredded red cabbage
- 3/4cup shredded green cabbage
- 1-- carrot shredded
- 1/8cup finely chopped vidalia onion
- -- scant 1/4 cup of mayonnaise
- 1/2tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1teaspoon sugar
- 1/4teaspoon salt
- -- fresh ground black pepper to taste
- Chive mayonnaise:
- 1/4cup mayonnaise
- 2tablespoons finely chopped fresh chives
Prepare frozen biscuits according to package. Set aside to cool.
Combine all slaw ingredients in small bowl. Mix well. Refrigerate.
Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
In large mixing bowl combine ground chicken, cracker meal, buttermilk, hot sauce, egg, season salt and ground pepper.
Pour panko onto a plate.
Oil large baking sheet or jelly roll pan with 1 tablespoon olive oil.
Form chicken mixture into 12 balls. Smash balls into patties and coat both sides in panko. Set patties aside.
In a non-stick skillet heat 2 tablespoons olive oil over medium/high heat. Brown 6 of the patties on both sides. Place browned patties on oiled pan. Repeat browning with remaining patties and olive oil. Bake for 13-15 minutes until chicken is thoroughly cooked.
Mix together mayonnaise and chives. Refrigerate.
Using a bread knife, slice each cooked biscuit in half. With a fork, remove a small amount of the inside of each biscuit, being careful not to damage the outside. Discard removed biscuit pieces. Place one cooked slider on each biscuit bottom. Top with 1 tbsp. slaw. Smear the inside of the top half of the biscuit with mayo and top slider. Serve and enjoy.