South American Chicken Casserole
- Yield 4 servings
Pastel del Choclo is a Chilean recipe for chicken casserole with green olives, eggs and corn.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 onions, chopped
- 2 pounds rotisserie chicken, taken off the bone and shredded (about 2 cups)
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 5 green olives with pimentos, cut into quarters
- 2 hardboiled eggs, chopped
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 pinch cinnamon
- 3 cups fresh corn kernels
- 1/2 cup 2 percent reduced-fat milk
- 2 pinches sugar, for topping
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Heat olive oil in a large sauté pan. Add onion and cook over medium heat until translucent and soft. Add chicken, raisins, green olives, chopped egg and spices. Stir to combine and warm everything through. Spread into a medium casserole.
- Place corn kernels in a blender jar. Add milk and purée. Spread over chicken mixture. Sprinkle top with sugar.
- Bake 30 to 35 min. Then, if you really want to take the pastel de choclo over the top, you can place the casserole under the broiler for 1 to 3 minutes, to caramelize the sugar.
Recipe courtesy of Global Table Adventure.