Sour Cream Peach Pie
- Yield: servings
My grandmother was the first member of our family to make Sour Cream Peach Pie but she won't be the last. There is something truly special about the combination of peaches, cream and cinnamon crumb topping!
- 2 1/2cups fresh peeled and sliced peaches
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/2teaspoon salt
- 1/2teaspoon vanilla
- 1cup sour cream
- 3/4cup sugar
- 2tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 (9-inch) unbaked pie shell
- 1/2cup butter
- 1/3cup sugar
- 1/3cup all-purpose flour
- 1teaspoon cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 375F. Mix the peaches, egg, salt, vanilla, sour cream, sugar, and flour together, and pour into the pie shell. Bake for about 30 minutes, until the pie is slightly brown. While this bakes, prepare the topping.
- Mix the butter, sugar, flour, and cinnamon with a pastry cutter, until pieces are the size of small peas. Sprinkle the topping evenly over the pie, and bake an additional 15 minutes. Allow to cool completely before serving.
Recipe by Shelly Stoltenberg, Spearfish, S.D.