Sour Cream Oatmeal Cookies
- Yield 4 dozen
Why not try using dried cranberries or cherries in place of the raisins?
Be sure to use old fashioned oatmeal and not the quick-cooking oatmeal. Why not try using dried cranberries or cherries in place of the raisins?
- 1 cup butter or margarine
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 2 cups uncooked old-fashioned oatmeal
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 cup nuts, chopped
- 1 cup raisins, chopped
- Mix ingredients in order given. Add a little more flour if dough is too soft.
- Drop onto greased cookie sheet and bake at 350 degrees for 15 to 18 minutes.
Recipe reprinted with permission from The Junior League of Tampa, Inc., The Gasparilla Cookbook, Favorite Florida West Coast Recipes, (The Junior Leage of Tampa, Inc., 1961)