Chicken and Sour Cream Enchiladas
- Yield: 8 servings
This is my signature dish. It is comfort food and can be both elegant or Tuesday night supper. I have gotten calls from friends across the country who want me to mail them a pan of my enchiladas.
- 2tablespoons olive oil
- 1tablespoon butter
- 1medium white onion, finely chopped
- 1 to 2medium jalapeno chilies, seeded and finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (4-ounce) can chopped mild green chilies
- 1bunch cilantro leaves, chopped
- 2 (10-ounce) cans reduced-fat cream of chicken soup
- 1 (8-ounce) container light sour cream
- 3cups shredded cooked chicken
- 1/2teaspoon salt
- Coarsely ground black pepper
- 10 (7-inch) flour tortillas
- 2cups shredded Cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 350F. Grease a 13 x 9-inch glass baking pan.
- Heat oil and better in a large skillet over medium heat. Add onion, jalapenos, garlic, chilies, cilantro, soup and sour cream. Cook 10 minutes, or until thoroughly heated. Stir in chicken; season with salt and pepper.
- Arrange the tortillas on a work surface. Spoon about 1/4 cup sauce onto each tortilla, roll up and place seam side down crosswise in pan. Pour remaining sauce evenly over top and sprinkle evenly with cheese.
- Bake 30 to 35 minutes, until cheese has melted and the sauce is bubbly. Let stand 10 minutes.
Recipe by Karen Nelson.
Nutritional Info *per serving
- Calories 410
- Fat 20g
- Sodium 830mg
- Carbohydrate 39g
- Fiber 5g
- Protein 26g