Sophia Pizza of Potatoes, Pancetta and Rosemary
- Yield 10 to 12 servings
Serve this pizza topped with potatoes, pancetta and rosemary for a nice change of pace.
- 1 pound Idaho potatoes, peeled, very thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoons rosemary, fresh, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, as needed
- 3 ounces pancetta, 1/2-inch dice
- 2 1/4 pounds pizza dough
- 1 1/4 cups Pecorino Sardo cheese, shreeded
- One hour prior to baking, place a pizza stone on the lowest shelf of a 550F oven.
- Toss potatoes with olive oil, rosemary, salt and pepper and reserve.
- Saute pancetta until it releases some fat and just begins to get crispy. Remove, drain off fat and reserve.
- On a floured peel, form dough into four 9-inch circles. Cover with barely overlapping potato slices. Divide pancetta between all pizzas, strewing all over surface. Bake until done, top with cheese and serve.
–Cathy Whims, Executive Chef-Owner, Nostrana, Portland, Ore.