Soba Noodle and Peach Salad With Pan-Seared Tofu
- Yield 4 servings
Ripe peaches sweeten this vegetarian main-dish salad.
- Balsamic Honey Glaze:
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons minced ginger root
- Pan-Seared Tofu:
- 1 pound tofu, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 teaspoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- 2 teaspoons sesame seeds
- Soba Noodle and Peach Salad:
- 1 (12-ounce) package soba noodles
- 2 cups fresh baby spinach leaves
- 1 cup thin-sliced napa cabbage
- 1 peeled and shredded carrot
- 4 green onions, sliced thinly on the diagonal
- 2 peaches, pitted and thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon low-soduim soy sauce or tamari
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- To prepare the glaze: Combine all ingredients. Makes 1 cup.
- To prepare the tofu: Toss tofu with soy sauce and sesame oil. Heat a medium nonstick skillet over high heat. Scatter the tofu in the pan and sprinkle with sesame seeds. Cook tofu, stirring frequently, 3 minutes until lightly browned.
- To prepare the salad: Combine all ingredients in a large mixing bowl. Add tofu and 1/4 cup Balsamic Honey Glaze. Toss gently.