Erin Mahoney for Honest Cooking
- 1 recipe for your favorite white cake in a 9x13 pan
- 2cans cans sweetened condensed milk
- 1 1/2cups ricotta cheese
- 1 1/2cups mascarpone cheese
- 1teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1cup powdered sugar
- 1/2cup mini chocolate chips
- powdered sugar, for dusting
- Bake cake according to directions on box for a 9×13 pan, and allow to cool completely.
- Using the end of a wooden spoon, poke holes all over the top of the cake, about an inch apart.
- Pour one can of sweetened condensed milk over the top of the cake, then cover and refrigerate the cake for 1-2 hours.
- In a large bowl, combine the ricotta, mascarpone and vanilla, and beat until smooth.
- Add powdered sugar and half a can of sweetened condensed milk, and beat until completely combined. Note: You will not use half of a can of condensed milk.
- Remove cake from refrigerator, then spread frosting over the top of the cake.
- Garnish with mini chocolate chips and sprinkle with powdered sugar.
- Store covered in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
This recipe from Lemon Sugar for Honest Cooking was reprinted with permission. It originally appeared as Soaked Cannoli Cake.